The Blue Streak 18" Wheelchair with Flip Back Desk Arms and Swing Away Footrests by Drive Medical has an attractive blue, powder coated frame which is reinforced with a black cross brace for added durability and safety. The solid rubber tires are mounted on composite wheels to provide durability, low maintenance, and a smooth, stable ride over most surfaces. The nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight and easy to clean. Comes standard with, flip back padded desk arm, swing away footrest, plastic footplates and calf strap for added comfort. 3 year limited warranty.
Products Features and Benefits
- Blue Powder coated frame, black cross brace.
- Flip back, padded desk length arm.
- Nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight, attractive and easy to clean.
- Solid rubber tires mounted on composite wheel provides durability and low maintenance.
- Comes with push to lock wheel locks.
- Comes with calf strap.
- Comes with swing-away footrests or elevating legrests.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty.
The Blue Streak Wheelchair is a versatile, economical wheelchair designed to provide trouble free transportation. The attractive, powder coated steel finish resists cracks and chipping. The Blue Streak has urethane tires that require minimum maintenance and provide for a smooth ride. It features flip back, desk length padded arms for comfort and support. The nylon upholstery is comfortable and easy to clean.
Features and Benefits
- Wheelchair can be folded for storage and transport.
- Padded armrests provide comfort and support for the client.
- Lightweight, durable nylon upholstery is easy to clean and maintain.
- Comes with calf pads to provide additional support.
- Comes with swing-away footrests with tool free adjustable length front riggings.
It is important for the attendant to be familiar with proper assisting procedures in any situation that requires the use of the wheelchair. Safety is the Key consideration. Consult your physician, nurse or physical therapist to determine methods most suitable for your individual needs and abilities.
Note: The Blue Streak wheelchair does not conform to Federal Standards for automobile seating and should not be used as a seat in a motor vehicle.
- To open the chair, tilt to one side and push down on seat rails.
- To attach footrests, align the holes on the footrest arm with the pegs on the frame.
- To adjust the length of the footrests, loosen the bolt (or knob) on the telescoping tube shaft. Tighten securely after adjustment. The lowest part of the footrest should not be less than 2 1/2 inches from the ground to permit proper clearance.
- To move the swing-away footrest, release the lock. Swing outward and rearward. Simply lift up and off to remove the footrest.
- Before entering or leaving the chair, engage the dual wheel locks against the tires on both rear wheels. Make sure the front casters are in the forward position before transferring into or out of the chair.
- Do not move forward on the seat while leaning forward out of the chair. If it is absolutely necessary to do so, make sure the front casters are in the forward position. If you are picking an object up from the floor, go past the object, and then go backwards. The casters will then swing to the forward position.
- Leaning out of the wheelchair without proper assistance could cause tipping.
- Do not step on the foot plates when transferring, as this could cause tipping.
Note: You and your attendant should consult a qualified professional for correct techniques on ramp negotiations.